- This article is about colonizing in the redesigned universes. For the guide on how to colonize in the old universes see Colonization
A Major Twist in Gameplay Edit
Colonizing in redesign universes like Univ 44, AKA Andromeda; has been completely revamped and differs greatly from the original Colony operation. The first major change is that the nine planet cap has now been lifted. (However the maximum level of astrophysics that can be attained is around 100 allowing 50 planets) The maximum number of planets you may now colonize is dependent upon the level of the newly introduced research technology, Astrophysics. And of course, there are counters to these lively facts:
The 'Catch' Edit
- A new research technology, Astrophysics, has been introduced, which allows you to both colonize & conduct expeditions. You must first research this technology before you are able to colonize any worlds (other than your homeworld). This creates an added component to the 'early-game race' where people strive to build cruisers, recyclers, colony ships (more difficult now). The square root of the level of astrophysics allows you X number of expedition slots & every other level (1,3,5,7) of astrophysics allows you an additional colony slot. Refer to the table in Astrophysics.
- Also, once again, in reference to the table below, slots 1-3 & 13-15 are considered restricted until you gain the ability to colonize 4 & 5 additional planets (i.e. Levels 7 & 9 Astrophysics).
- In addition to these newfound constraints, colony sizes have been dramatically reduced. The maximum colony size is now 247, dropping down from ~360.
- Finally, colony slot placement - size ratio has also been altered. Slot 4 will no longer produce the best chance for a large planet. Now the ratio spirals out from Slot 8, the 'best large field chance' slot and decreases evenly down to slot 1 & 15. This change was most likely intended to give a more even pro/con to the system planetary position's field size, deut bonus, and sat bonus.
Chart of planet and moon images according to coordinates (until 4.0.2game version): http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/2626/xkatalgusholdas.jpg
The exact formula to calculate the cost of Astrophysics research is as follows:
rounded to the closest 100 .
|1||4 000||8 000||4 000|
|2||7 000||14 000||7 000|
|3||12 300||24 500||12 300|
|4||21 400||42 900||21 400|
|5||37 500||75 000||37 500|
|6||65 700||131 300||65 700|
|7||114 900||229 800||114 900|
|8||201 100||402 100||201 100|
|9||351 900||703 800||351 900|